Cars have been around a couple hundred years, and they sure have evolved over the decades and decades. We’ve gone from horseless carriages to supercars that go beyond the imagination. More importantly, there are five street legal cars that you’ll hardly believe. So here they are!
5. SSC Ultimate Aero – this product of SSC North America, which was previously Shelby SuperCars, may have clocked in at number five on our list, but it held the Guinness Book of World Records title of fastest car in the world for three years! It was a star at 256 miles per hour, and then something strange happened. It was replaced by the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport until the Bugatti’s record was disqualified from the book for reasons never specified. The Ultimate Aero reclaimed its title….for five whole days. Then it was replaced by the new record holder that stuck around for much longer.
4. 9FF GT9-R – the GT9 is created by a German company called 9FF. It can create a top speed of 257 miles per hour. More impressively, it can go from 0 to 60 miles per hour in just under three seconds. The design is pretty similar to a Porsche 911, from the body to the finest details. The only main difference is the inside of 9FF GT9 which is fairly minimalist compared to everything else. That’s because the German designers from 9FF wanted to strip away anything not absolutely necessary on the inside to make the car run faster. I suppose it worked.
3. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport – ah, the stories behind this vehicle. The original model, simply titled the Bugatti Veyron, beat the SSC Ultimate Aero for the title of fastest car ever in the Guinness Book of World Records. However, the car then experience unknown difficulties that were never exactly released. So it lost the record. That’s when the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport was released, new and improved. The only thing that’ll take your breath away more than its 268 miles per hour speed is its 1.6 million pound price tag. Shockingly, it’s still selling extremely well and demand only seems to grow more and more.
2. Hennessey Venom GT – talk about a beautiful and strikingly powerful car. It’s sleek and packed with 1,244 horsepower. The company is not well known as of now, but that’s not stopping it from racing into the second slot on the list of fastest street cars in the world. With a clocked top speed of 270 miles per hour, it’s no surprise that it’s generating major buzz all over. It won’t be long before they’re just as big a name in supercars as any of the other historic brands.
1. Koenigsegg Agera R – and here it is folks. This is the entry on the list that you’ve been waiting for. The fastest street legal supercar out there today anywhere in the world. It comes from a little known company named Koenigsegg that has over and over proved that it is not a force to be reckoned with, coming out with faster and more powerful cars. And the Agera R is currently sitting on the top of the hill, as the creme de la creme, clocking in at an astounding 273 miles per hour. Ready for the best part? It actually costs less than some of its lesser competitors at only 1.1 million pounds. So maybe owning one someday is not too far out of the question?
So there you have it! The top five fastest street legal cars in the world today. Will the Koenigsegg Agera R stay on top for long? Or will a new car come out hot to knock it down a peg? I suppose we will have to wait and see. Needless to say, the future of cars is looking fast.
If you enjoyed this article, share it on Facebook, Twitter, or any of those other social media sites with your friends and fellow car lovers. When you inspire a friend to purchase one of the supercars, you can tell them they owe you a test drive. Also, comment below about which insanely fast car is your favorite and what your future car predictions are. Until next time, safe driving!